A Voice for Citizens
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Making Democracy Work.
The September 17, 2019 Lunch with the League program is: "Cash Bail Created Debtor's Prisons: Some North Carolina Solutions," with The Honorable Regan A. Miller, Chief District Court Judge for Judicial District 26, and Professor Jessica Smith, Director of the UNC School of Government's Criminal Justice Innovation Lab.
While lunch is optional, registration is required. To register, see "Lunch with the League" in the column to the left.
The Jonathan Oberlander presentation from March 26, 2019 is available for viewing on You Tube.
About the League Learn More
- How are we structured? What is our history? What is our mission?
News to Use Learn More
- Information about LWVPT action, speeches, and events, non-League or other League events and news or history shared with us.
Roundtables and Advocacy Learn More
- You can make a difference! Join a roundtable!
Local Governments Learn More
- Links to agendas for official meetings of county, city, and town governments, and the North Carolina General Assembly. Links are provided in more than one way. Try the last link in any paragraph first. If it is broken (sometimes the links are named by date and thus are not good in a short time), then follow the other directions.
Voter Service Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Elected Officials in Counties LWVPT Serves Learn More
- Learn who represents you at the federal, state, county, and municipal levels. Each county has a board of elections and each board provides a pdf file of officials serving the county at each level of government. At times you may wish to write to your county's delegation to the General Assembly in North Carolina. We have made that easier by including a link for each county.
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Voter Impact Learn More
- Voter Impact is the newsletter of the League of Women Voters of the Piedmont Triad
"Please click here to join LWV of the Piedmont Triad and Common Cause NC in support of nonpartisan redistricting reform"